Awww yeah! It’s February 1st, so you know what that means: it’s time for Valentine’s everything. I have some fun desserts I’m excited to share soon, but before we get to that, let’s talk about candy. Specifically, let’s talk about how I can hook you up with some tools for making your loved ones some awesome homemade candy this Valentine’s Day.
As you’re probably sick of hearing about, I wrote a candy cookbook last year. My publisher, Quarry, has put together a candy prize pack to get everyone in the Valentine’s spirit, and they’ll be giving away two of them!
This sweet prize includes: an autographed copy of The Sweet Book of Candy Making, a candy thermometer, heart-shaped candy molds, and some cute heart-adorned treat bags.
To make things extra-fun, we’ve decided to add a Pinterest component to this giveaway. I don’t know about you, but I have a slight Pinterest problem…as in, I think I’m going to browse around for 5 minutes, and 45 minutes later I emerge from a Pinterest coma, dreaming of cupcakes and hand-woven scarves. It’s a weird place, but oh so fun. (And by the way, if we’re not Pinterest friends yet, what are you waiting for? Hit me up and say hi!)
Update: The winners have been chosen! Congratulations to Carolsue and Brie F!
Hopefully you’re all on Pinterest already, but if you’re not, it’s easy and free to get an account. Just head to Pinterest.com and click the big red “Join” button, and fill in your info. So now that we’re all Pinterest savvy, here’s how to enter to win one of these prize packs:
1. Create a Pinterest board called “SPOON & SugarHero Ultimate Candy Giveaway”
2. Follow SPOON and Elizabeth LaBau on Pinterest
3. Pin at least 10 candy images you want to make on your new board (5 must be from our candymaking board)
4. Leave the URL of your pinboard as a comment, either on this post, or at the Quarry Spoon blog
The fine print:
- All of the qualifying entrants will be entered on a spreadsheet, and two winners will be picked using the random number generator at random.org
- One entry per person
- The contest will run from Friday, February 1st through Friday, February 8th, closing at midnight EST
- Winners will be announced on SugarHero.com and Quarryspoon.com on Monday, February 11
- Open worldwide!
Good luck! Let’s get inspired and pin some tasty candy!