This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
These Four-Ingredient Nutella Cupcakes feature a dense, moist, fudgy cupcake topped with Nutella and crushed hazelnuts. Nutella cupcake perfection!
Just when you thought Nutella couldn’t get awesomer, someone comes along with the idea of making cupcakes out of it. But not just any cupcakes–four-ingredient cupcakes.
To be honest, I think these are actually even three-ingredient cupcakes, because one of the ingredients (chopped hazelnuts) is a garnish and could easily be omitted with no hard feelings. So the equation is really something like this:
Nutella + 1 egg + a few spoonfuls of flour + 11 minutes in the oven = CUPCAKE PERFECTION
I know, I had my doubts too. I was mostly worried that they would turn out to be rubbery, in the way that so many fishy pseudo-cupcakes often are. But they were actually moist and fudgy–denser than many cupcakes, but in a good way. These may be small, but they have a lot of flavor from the Nutella “frosting” and crushed hazelnuts on top.
I actually feel a little bad sharing this recipe, because I think it could be dangerous. Delicious cupcakes in 12 minutes with only 4 ingredients? THAT is a recipe that could do some serious damage. But, the upcoming World Nutella Day leaves me no choice. I apologize in advance.
🤎More Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- Nutella Hot Chocolate
- Hazelnut Orange Chocolate Scones
- Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
- Nutella Pound Cake Petit Fours
- Hazelnut Hot Chocolate On A Stick
- Brown Butter Brownies
- Nutella Semifreddo
Giant Ferrero Rocher Hazelnut Mousse Cakes
Hazelnut White Hot Chocolate
Four-Ingredient Nutella Cupcakes
- 1 cup Nutella , divided use
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts, chopped
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 9 cups of a mini muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Put 1/2 cup of the Nutella and egg in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full) and bake until a pick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 11 to 12 minutes. Don’t overbake!
- Set on a rack to cool completely. Once cool, warm the remaining 1/2 cup of Nutella in a small bowl in the microwave just until warm and fluid, about 15-25 seconds. Dip the tops of each cupcake in the Nutella, so that it’s completely coated. (You will have extra Nutella left over. I trust you can find something to do with this.) Sprinkle the tops of the cupcakes with the chopped hazelnuts. These keep for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Our recipes are developed using weight measurements, and we highly recommend using a kitchen scale for baking whenever possible. However, if you prefer to use cups, volume measurements are provided as well. PLEASE NOTE: the adage “8 oz = 1 cup” is NOT true when speaking about weight, so don’t be concerned if the measurements don’t fit this formula.Click here to learn more about baking measurements and conversion.
What cute little cupcakes, love the nutella, thanks so much, can't believe how easy these are going to be. thanks!
Have a great weekend.
Oh my. How truly dangerous!
Oh my, I was just wondering what I could make tomorrow for the big day. How easy and yummy!
I recently posted Nutella Truffle Chocolate Chip Cookies–to die for.
What a great idea! My daughter loves Nutella so these should be a big hit! Thanks for sharing!!!
Mmm, these look delicious so easy. Happy World Nutella Day!
Too good and Costco sells Nutella in a double jar pack for less than $9. Can't wait to take these to school for Valentine's Day. Instead of using hazel nuts for garnishing, I put a little buttercream star on top. Really looks sweet.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe!!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!!
Does it really work? Without any baking powder?
Adore easy recipes like this!
So now I'm only 3 ingredients away from having such a treat. There goes the diet 🙁
They keep 3-4 days? Um, not in my house!!!!!!!
Wow. I just made these. Incredible. I tasted the batter as I was putting them in cases and wanted to make more immediately. I used crushed almonds instead of hazelnuts since I didn't have any and they were just as good =)
you are a god.
I don’t have a mini muffin pan. Can I make regular size cupcakes that are on the smallish side? If so how many and how long should I bake them?