This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Raspberry White Hot Chocolate is a pretty pink twist on traditional hot chocolate! It’s made with white chocolate and real raspberry puree, for a fresh, fruity taste that is perfect year-round!
✨ JOIN THE PARTY! ✨
Want to get recipes sent right to your inbox? Sign up for the free SugarHero newsletter! You'll get the first peek at every new recipe, plus fun news, giveaways, special offers, and much more!
Our promise: We'll never send you spam, just sweet, sweet sugar!
So long, January, and don’t let the door hit you on the way out!
I’m thrilled to bid farewell to this dreary month with a pretty pink drink. Get out your tutus and glitter guns, because things are going to get obscenely cute around here!
I’m not usually in such a rush to usher in Valentine’s Day, but this month has been a grind of illness and work and other nonsense that takes up a lot of time but doesn’t make for good blog content. Suffice it to say, I am over January and am ready to deck my halls with inflatable cupids and heart garlands in all shapes and sizes.
Fortunately I have this Raspberry White Hot Chocolate to help me make the transition! This beautiful beverage is made with real raspberry puree, white chocolate, and a mix of milk and cream, to produce a rich, comforting drink that tastes like melted berries & cream ice cream.
I love this drink because it’s so different from most hot chocolate recipes. Don’t get me wrong–I love a mug of deep, dark hot cocoa as much as the next chocoholic, but there’s something so fun and refreshing and cheerful about seeing a bright pink drink! And you know the rule—pink drinks have to be topped with whipped cream and sprinkles. Don’t fight it, it’s a necessity. A few fresh raspberries complete the garnish and give these white hot chocolates the perfect touch.
Make these for your family, your valentine, or just for yourself, to celebrate the fact that we made it through January. Bring it on, February–nothing is a match for raspberries and white chocolate!
Raspberry White Hot Chocolate
- 12 oz raspberries fresh or defrosted from frozen
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 6 oz white chocolate finely chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Sprinkle the sugar on the raspberries and toss to combine. Let sit for 10-15 minutes, until they start to soften and release their juices. Blend the raspberries in a blender, then pour the puree through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth to remove the seeds. You should be left with about 3/4 cup of puree. If you have more, save it for another use.
- Combine the milk and cream in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer—you want bubbles to appear along the sides of the pan’s edges, but don’t bring it to a full boil. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chopped white chocolate. Whisk until the chocolate is melted, then add the berry puree, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream and fresh berries on top. It can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat it in the microwave or on the stove top.